As a psychotherapist, professional coach, spiritual guide, and business woman, Heather Hans has transformed her life on every level. She now partners with clients who are serious about living their best life.
Healing from any and all devastation is possible for those who are willing.
If you’re someone who wants to overcome your suffering, try following Heather’s 10 steps:
- Suffering. This stage arises from betrayal, defeat, loss, humiliation, and tragedy. It causes a crisis of faith and a feeling of a shattered heart.
- Shock and Survival. After devastation, your only job is to put one foot in front of the other and hang on with each moment. You can and will survive. Do not worry about how right now.
- Love and Compassion for the Self. This step is all about self-care and remains constant throughout healing and beyond. Laughter is necessary.
- Forgiveness of the Enemy. By fully stepping into the shoes of your enemy, you are able to forgive and release the toxic hatred that poisons you.
- Forgiveness of the Self. Only through acknowledging, accepting, and forgiving yourself for anything you’ve disowned in yourself will you ever be free.
- Realization that the self and the enemy are one. What you do or think about the enemy, you also do to and think about yourself, as ultimately, you are one.
- Dissolution of God as a separate entity. You become aware that God is not a separate being. God is you. You are life force and you are the creator of the life you ultimately live.
- Awakening to that which you seek you have already. You already have the essence of the qualities you most desire, regardless of form. Gratitude heals the heart and creates peace.
- Mastery of the ego. Peace and power come when you fully show up in this moment. Your separate identity contains your fears and separation from yourself, others, and God.
- Healed Heart. This is your natural state. Your heart has been made stronger because love is the most powerful force of all, and hearts cannot be broken.
Heather Hans, LCSW, MSW, MBA, CPIC, is a Visionary, Healer & Teacher, and the author of The Heart of Self-Love: How to Radiate with Confidence. It is Heather's firm belief that loving oneself is necessary to have fulfilling relationships and a successful life. To have Heather's inspiration delivered directly to your inbox sign up for her Newsletter (your email will NEVER be shared).